The right diet is the worthwhile strategy which enhances your cognitive capabilities and this ultimately increases productivity.
Fernando Gomez-Pinilla- physiological & neurosurgery professor of UCLA also said that: “The Pharmaceutical compound that affects your brain is your Diet/Food”.
According to World Health Organization brain power can be increased by 20% with the right meals in your diet plan.
I have shed light on 13essential foods that are helpful in increasing productivity.
Vegetables like eggplant, broccoli, spinach, kale, carrot boost your productivity as they include Vitamins like A, E &C, Fiber, potassium and folic acid.
- Eggplant: It is the useful vegetable and has certain antioxidants and certain nutrients that protect the cell membrane of your brain. Its skin has all the advantages so it is recommended that it should be cooked with its skin to get all the benefits.
- Broccoli: This vegetable is known for its strong brain healing effects in case of any injury. The potassium in it helps the nervous system which automatically has positive effects on the brain.
- Spinach: Essential minerals along with its fiber and phytonutrients are beneficial for your brain’s health. As due to folate present in it, the blood circulation of brain improves. Moreover, it is also a detoxifying food which removes toxins from the body and helpful for better functioning of all organs of your body.
- Kale: As it is a cruciferous vegetable so it is also considered a superfood that is helpful for the heart, brain, and all your other systems.
- Carrot: It contains luteolin which is helpful in preventing your memory to get worse.
Foods that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, for example, Salmon, flaxseeds, olive oil, walnut, egg are some of the superfoods that help your increase productivity.
- Salmon: The high omega-3 fatty acids in it improve your psychological performance, memory and most importantly reduce depression, which is the absolute antithesis of your productivity.
- Walnut: It is one of the best sources of nourishment for nervous system as it contains about 15-20% of protein, omega 3 &6 fatty acids. Moreover, it also helps in maintaining your brain’s serotonin (Chemical in the brain that controls your appetite & mood) levels.
- Flaxseeds: The amount of omega3 fatty acids and fiber in it is helpful for your brain. It is also beneficial for your eyes also.
- Egg: The egg yolk is good for enhancing your memory capabilities and speeds up your responsiveness.
Fruits like avocado, bananas, berries, Cantaloupe, pear, and strawberries should be an essential part of your diet plan as they help in boosting productivity.
- Banana: Glucose- the energy providing ingredient in banana holds the daily amount of glucose your body needs. And your brain works best in 25 grams of glucose circulation in the blood stream.
- Berries: The antioxidant element of berries helps to prevent cancer, various heart diseases, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Avocado: It is helpful in optimizing your brain cells as fats in it helps in blood circulation of the whole body. It also helps in lowering your blood pressure.
- Cantaloupe: The important fatty acids in it are helpful for the health of your brain.
Right food positively affects our bodies and brain. According to health enhancement research organization about 25% people who eat healthy tend to perform high, 20% people who have 4x of vegetables & 5x of fruits per week tend to perform extraordinarily, while 27% people who eat healthy foods and exercise daily perform in a better and more productive way.
Above all hydration is most important for healthy life. So you should drink 8-12 glass of water daily to avoid consequences of not drinking enough water.
Kate Martin is a pro Dietician and blogger. She uses the blogging platform to spread awareness among the people regarding the different facets of diet and its effects on health. You can contact her on Website My Assignment Help and also Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.