Make the mistake of not getting legal representation with your criminal case and you will be paying a hefty price for many years to come. Assuming you can save money by not getting the best criminal defense lawyer is something that will cost you several times more in money and your freedom down the road.
These 7 ways that a criminal defense lawyer can help will give you all the information you need about making the best decisions concerning your case.
- Negotiating the Best Deal – The best criminal defense attorney has been in this court a dozen times already this month, and that experience gives them the ability to understand how to negotiate with the judge and prosecutors on your case. Professional courtesy of working on these cases all these years allows your lawyer the ability to negotiate on your behalf before a sentence is ever handed down.
- Easing Your Emotional Stress – The hardest part for many defendants is not knowing what to expect when the case goes to trial. A great criminal defense attorney will sit down with you and clear up any and all confusion that you may have. By understanding exactly what to expect in the future, you won’t be stressing over things that may not pertain to your case in the first place.
- Finding Sentencing Programs – While all hope might be lost in your case and you just want to offer a guilty plea and take your punishment, your criminal defense lawyer has the ability to negotiate with the courts several alternatives to your sentence so that your freedom is not in jeopardy. By suggesting a number of programs instead of your jail sentence, you could be out of jail and working in these programs instead of being locked away.
- Understanding All the Legalities – Recognized for 10 consecutive years as one of the best lawyers in America, Kevin Napper explains that there is no way the average defendant could possibly know about all the laws pertaining to their case. Your criminal defense attorney is constantly learning new laws each year and is in the best position to find anything pertaining to your specific case that are grounds for a dismissal.
- Cost of No Legal Representation – Maybe you think pleading guilty on your own or representing yourself will save you money in the end. Speak with an attorney and they will show you the cost of not hiring the best lawyer. The price of not being able to get work in the future because of the harsh sentence could impact your finances negatively for longer than you realize. Don’t assume pleading guilty for your mistake is the least costly way out, your attorney will help you better understand what really is at stake.
- Gathering Important Evidence – While you might think the police have an airtight case against you, the best criminal defense lawyers have the uncanny ability to gather important evidence that can cast doubt on the case. Your attorney has access to a professional investigative team that will retrace the case and find evidence that may have been overlooked and use it to help your case. Your attorney will also pay close attention to the arresting process and make certain your rights were upheld the entire time.
- Hiring Expert Witnesses – Your criminal defense attorney has access to expert witnesses who can help to support your innocence. Your lawyer will locate and then hire any expert witnesses that could present evidence that might show your innocence or even rebut solid evidence presented by the prosecutor. By making the prosecution’s case far less credible, the judge could lessen the penalties or throw out the case.
The benefits of working with a skilled criminal defense lawyer like Kevin Napper will allow you to not have to pay a huge price for your mistake and give you the chance to get you life back in order. Take advantage of the free consultation offered by the local law firm so you can get answers to all your questions and align yourself with a team ready to fight on your behalf to get the best possible outcome for you.