Breastfeeding support in Bangalore is beneficial for the new born babies. It gives benefits beyond basic nutrition. Breast milk contains vitamins, nutrients and help to fight the diseases which are prone to happen during six months from delivery. It also protects babies from any illness. It is easily digested and readily available at any place. But many women don’t want to breastfeed their children as they think that will affect somewhat to their figure. But there are various benefits of lactation that a mother should understand.
Benefits of Lactation or Breastfeeding:
- It provides a protection shield to the baby- The mothers those breastfeed their babies will have a healthy baby than the others. As breastfeeding helps to lesser down the occurrence of stomach viruses, lower respiratory illness, ear infections and meningitis to the babies than the ones who are not breastfed. By breastfeeding your child, a strong immune system grows up in the body of infant.
- Breast milk gives the best nutrition to babies- Breast milk contains everything in right proportion a baby needs in his infancy. After delivery, the breast produces a thick and yellow fluid which is called colostrum and is high in protein and low in sugar. It is beneficial for babies especially during first month of life. It provides high amount of immunoglobulin A and other antibodies to the baby. The baby’s immature digestive tract is developed due to it. All the important nutrients remain breast milk. Only vitamin D remains lacking in the breast milk.
- Diseases are reduced by the breast milk- Those who are breastfed remain disease-free. Baby’s risk of illness and diseases like middle ear infections, respiratory tract infections, colds and infections, gut infections, intestinal tissue damage, sudden infant death syndrome, any allergic diseases, celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, childhood leukaemia, etc are reduced. The protective effect of breastfeeding remains throughout the childhood.
- Baby’s growth and healthy weight is promoted by breastfeeding- A child who is breastfed will not have obesity and a healthy weight. Breastfeeding also reduces the risk of future obesity. They have more leptin in their systems because of breastfeeding. Leptin regulates appetite and fat storage.
- Children those are breastfed are smarter than the other- The brain development in the babies with breastfeeding are much faster than those that are bottle-fed. They have higher intelligence than the others.
- Many women lose weight due to breastfeeding- This is a controversial benefit as many women gain weight and many lose weight during breastfeeding. When a mother breastfeeds her baby, her body burns 500 calories per day which will influence in weight loss. But it also increases appetite which ends up in storing fat rather than losing them. But after 3 month of lactation they will surely notice weight loss.
It is quite obvious that a first-time mother you will not be aware of the techniques associated with breastfeeding. In this way seeking the help of the best breastfeeding consultants in Bangalore would be a nice way to get rid of the problem. With their advice, you can gain advice on important areas as the methods of breastfeeding, how to feed the baby and what to do if the supply of milk does get over. Any help in breastfeeding is welcome after the birth of the baby.