Babies need special doctors for them as they are much tender to handle the treatment of the general physician. Kids’ response power and attitude are totally different from the elders. Thus, a full range of paediatricians and medical practice emerge for their care. Amongst them here the discussion is about child specialist and paediatric eye specialist.
Who is a child specialist?
Medical professionals those concentrate on paediatric health care are called child specialist. They work with children and their families in hospitals and clinics to treat their ailments. They give age-appropriate preparation for medical procedures, pain management and coping strategies to the children. Parents are availed with information, support, and guidance which will be fruitful for the treatment to the children.
Service provided by child specialists:
Child specialists’ working areas are vast that encompasses inpatient units, surgical areas, outpatient clinics, paediatric intensive care, the emergency department, and neonatal intensive care unit. Though they are available basically at hospitals but their training and skills encourages them to deliver treatment at different needs of dental care, schools, specialized camps, funeral homes, etc. Some are stated as follows-
- Before doing tests, surgeries and medical procedures giving psychological support to the children and their parents.
- Recreational play during therapy.
- Full support during grief and bereavement.
- At many places hospital pre-admission tours are also performed at times.
- Emergency room interventions.
- Consultation with outpatients and their families.
- Special events, entertaining shows and activities are organized for the toddler patients.
- Giving education and proper guide about the needs of children under stress to caregivers and administrators.
Who is a paediatric eye specialist?
Another type of paediatrician who concentrates on children’s eye ailments and treating them are known as paediatric eye specialist. They are also known as paediatric ophthalmologists. Babies or children do not complain if they cannot see out of one or both eyes. Problems in eyes can be known to the parents by the poor performance of the children in schools. Thus, every child needs to get eye check up with paediatric eye specialist in tender age. The problems in most cases are refractive errors, squint and ambyopia.
Paediatric eye specialists work on:
- Perform eye examinations for further treatments if needed.
- Diagnose visual processing disorders.
- Prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses to the infants if needed.
- Giving care for any eye injuries.
- Giving surgeries, microsurgeries and laser surgeries if blocked tear ducts, retinal problems, weak eye muscles, crossed eyes, infections occur.
Finding child specialists and paediatric eye specialists in Thane
In Thane Child Specialists and Paediatric Eye Specialists practice in variety of medical institutions, hospitals, university medical centres and clinics. So, finding them is an easy task. They can go on to treat and manage all the problems which are related to the eyes of children. If your kid has any problem with his eye or does require any form of surgery, then you need to consult a paediatric dentist at the earliest. With regards to their qualifications let us explain them in a nut shell
- They have gone on to have 4 years of medical school
- One year of surgical or medical practice
- 3 years of additional residency training in the domain of ophthalmology which is to be followed by a year of training in the same.