Youngstown is the 9th largest city in the U.S. state of Ohio. Summertime in the city is full of merriments, festivities, and concerts with incredible food, music, and craft. A trip to the city while festivities are on is a must to be planned with Allegiant Airlines Reservations to start a vibrant vacation at a vigorous destination.
WHEN AND HOW TO PLAN –
Plan with Allegiant Airlines Reservations during summers to experience the vibrant, active, and happening city of Youngstown at its best. The holiday lights add to the charm of the city attracting a large number of tourists every year.
WHERE TO STAY –
With the city enticing numerous tourists every year, the city is jammed with many tourist-friendly hotels ranging from luxurious to economical and are highly rated by families staying there. Some of the hotels loved by tourists in the city that you can check in to for a comfortable stay are –
- Doubletree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Youngstown
- Fairfield by Marriott Youngstown/Austintown
WHAT TO SEE –
Planning a road trip in the holiday glimmers is an extensive charismatic experience on its own. The city is filled with numerous tourist-friendly attractions to see and explore that includes –
- Stroll through Fellows Riverside Gardens with a beautiful vista all around
- Visiting White House Fruit Farm and shopping naturally grown fruits and vegetables
- Explore Mill Creek MetroParks offering 45 miles of trails to explore including Boardwalks, paved walkways, and unpaved trails
- Dine at their Local Restaurants offering some of the great local cuisine and world-class food items
- Enjoy Award-Wining Wineries and relish scenic outdoor balconies, gleaming lake views, stunning twilights, and reclining vineyards.
SOME OF THE GREAT SUMMER FESTIVALS FOR YOU TO EXPLORE ARE –
- SIMPLY SLAVIC FESTIVAL – The function is an annual favourite thatcelebrates Youngstown’s Slavic community that hosts live music, folk dancing, homemade Slavic food, children’s discovering neighbourhoods, educational exhibits, and ethnic vendors. The festivities take place Downtown and allow free admission to children below 12.
- YSU SUMMER FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS – Youngstown State University’s festival is a tremendous celebration that includes Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Summerfest, Youngstown Wine & Jazz Festival featuring Norman Brown. The visitors enjoy music, dance, and melodramatic enactments during the event.
- WHITE HOUSE FRUIT FARM STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL – June is theadvent of the delightful, juicy strawberry season. Visit the farm for plenty of fresh strawberries, along with strawberry desserts, drinks and donuts freshly picked from farms.
- GREATER YOUNGSTOWN ITALIAN FEST – The festival replenishes the streets of downtown with live entertainment, many food peddlers, pasta eating session, homemade wine contest, countless local pizza shops, and much more jammed with tourists all around. The festivity takes place right in the
- SHAKER WOODS FESTIVAL – The festivities take place on many weekends in August, hosting 200+ of the best artisans in the country offering handcrafted décor, furniture, jewelry, earthenware. The visitors also gobble the many delicious food options and enjoy live entertainment uncovered on two different stages.
Filled with festivities and people all around, summertime marks the enthusiasm of the festivals and holiday lights and marks the best time for a road trip in the city.
Travellers, confirm your bookings with Allegiant Airlines Reservations with your travel partners along for a great vacation.