Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are one of the popular contents for a business enhancement and its brand awareness and development. Business of all sizes can benefit from SEO and SEM. When working together they can cast a wider net over your target market. And if you aren’t making use of them, your are leaving a lot of money on the table.
Let’s take look at how both of them, jointly can impact your business. But firstly we need to understand about SEO and SEM individually and their benefits for your business.
Search Engine Optimization basically is that part of web development that improves the ranking of your content in organic search results by search engines. It is a widely adopted marketing strategy that is also one of the brand development solutions. The various benefits it provides to your business are:
- Your website will get the increase in traffics through major clicks and impressions which are usually the top position holders of the search engine.
- SEO is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies as its target users are the ones who are actively searching for products online.
- Top positions represent significant impression which provides more exposure to your business. It further creates your brand awareness.
- SEO covers and keep track of every aspect of marketing strategy as in ranking, traffic and conversions, providing you with a better ROI.
- It not only makes the navigation easier for search engines but also for the users, which increases the site usability.
Search Engine Marketing is a form of internet marketing that increases the visibility in search engines as a means of website promotion, mainly through paid advertising. The various benefits of SEM on your business are as follows:
- SEM is not just about visibility, it creates an image of your brand. Higher ranking increases the leads then clicks and further conversions, increasing the value of your brand.
- The right SEM technique allows you to reach to a wider audience as top ranking lead to more clicks and attain larger clients and audience.
- The accurate monitoring of ROI is possible through SEM as search engines allows you to pay for each click on your advertisement and website.
- SEM helps a business in focusing on the right keyword, content along with the key selling points of your business.
- It boosts up the sales and increases the traffic as it allows business to purchase ad space on search engines.
Get the Best of Both Worlds
SEO and SEM are more often than not a balancing act. Both of theses helps you with your potential customers. So, the better option is to make use of both of them. The different ways they jointly can serve your business are:
- SEM is a great way to find the right keywords for your products and services and that could provide you with best ROI. So, start off with this as paid search marketing is an amazing way to find the keywords that are best for your business.
- The next step in the right direction is to optimize your web pages for these keywords. Make use of SEO to optimize the pages of your website for these high performing keywords. Listing of a website in the organic results can help you get more visitors at a low cost.
So, it boils down to this that they can’t be seen as independent of one another, rather SEO and SEM needs to be seen as similar tools working towards one single goal of increasing the visibility and brand development.