Except during the winter days as soon as we get into our car, the first thing that pops into our mind is switching on the AC. Without air conditioning, it can get quite difficult to spend even a couple of minutes inside the car during the sizzling summer days. For this reason, it is important that you must take diligent care of your car’s air conditioning system. So that, you don’t have to feel the heat of the summer days.
If you take a proper care on a regular basis, your car air conditioning system can remain in a good condition for a long time, without giving you any sort of trouble. Regular maintenance can help you save a lot of money in the long run by avoiding any expensive repair. So, go through the tips mentioned below and add more longevity to your car’s AC .
Tips to Know About Car Air Conditioning Maintenance
- It is crucial that you should run the AC of your car at least once in a week. It should be no less than 10 minutes. In this way, you can maintain the pressure of the gas to keep the compressor in a good condition. Turning on the AC system once in a week will surely help in maintaining the pressure. Make sure that you turn on the AC to its highest level.
- When your AC is not in use on a regular basis, then it usually leads to the formation of mildew inside the system, which in turn, results in unpleasant smell in your car. However, you can do away with this issue by running the defrost mode once in a week. Do it at least for 10 minutes. In this way, the excessive moisture inside the system will go away.
- During the winter days, most of the car owners do not turn on their car’s air conditioning system. However, turn it on occasionally because it will help you in other ways. As we know, one of the major functions of AC is to do away with humidity from the car’s interior. Therefore, using the AC can prevent the accumulation of fog on the windshield, which in turn, will enhance the visibility.
- It is highly recommended for the longevity of the air conditioning system. Replace the lubricant as well as the gas. Refreshing up the cooling system once in a year can significantly improve the performance and efficiency of the AC system.
- When you take your car to its authorized service centre do not forget to get your car air conditioningchecked and serviced thoroughly. This is more important right when the summer season starts. In this way, your car’s AC will get prepared to deliver the superior performance even under pressure.
- When you turn on the air conditioning system of your car, never begin with the highest level or speed. If you turn on the AC in low settings, keep it same for five minutes and then gradually increase it, the AC will remain in a good condition for a long time.
- It is usually better to use the AC in the recirculation mode. In this way, it will not suck in air from the outside, which in turn, will exert less pressure on the AC.Overall, these are some useful tips by which you can keep your car air conditioning in a decent shape. In addition, always get your car’s AC serviced and repaired by the authorized mechanics only. It will save you from the hassles.
Tags: car air conditioning campbellfield, car air conditioning Melbourne