There are alternatives accessible with regards to removing body hair, and you’d want to give all of them a try before settling on a decision. It is a fact that there are simple alternatives accessible that can enable you to shave everything rapidly, though, the hair comes back in only a few days.
There are several hair removals creams available that can dissolve hairs quickly; however, they tend to smell similar to wet dog blended with gasoline. In case you need an absolute hair removal, you possibly will opt for waxing or sugaring, which is a process of grabbing hairs at the root. In this case, hair doesn’t come back for some time; however, you should be aware of the fact that waxing is an agonizing procedure, and it itches like hell at the time hairs start to come back.
However, these days, there are some enduring alternatives available in the form of electrolysis. The procedure utilizes a super-fine needle put into every hair follicle to deliver an electric current; as a result, hair follicles are wiped out. In case the procedure sounds agonizing, it is definitely true. Moreover, a session can be dreary.
As a result, we end up to laser hair removal treatment. The treatment is well known semi-permanent regarding hair removal. The procedure involves damaging hair follicles with the goal to minimize hair growth.
As per the statement of Carlos A. Charles, M.D., founder of Derma di Colored, “The process of laser hair removal involves spotting the hair solely by concentrating on the pigment cells that live in the hair follicle.”
At the point, melanin in the hair is spotted, the laser works in a way to burn the whole hair follicle as well as root. You can get rid of your razor after a few sessions.
Laser Hair Removal Advantages Include:
In case you want to get rid of hairs that grow on your face, underarm, leg, arm, bikini line, and other areas, laser can effectively play its part.
- Whereas you cannot get rid of hairs forever through laser hair removal, however, it considerably decreases hair growth, till you don’t need to shave anymore.
- The procedure can be performed anyplace on the body, and the machine can quickly cover substantial places.
- Regarding pain during the procedure of laser hair removal, it falls someplace in the middle of shaving (which is a painless procedure) and waxing (extremely painful). The procedure gets gradually less agonizing as treatment proceeds.
- Lasers can specifically target dark, coarse hairs whereas leaving the nearby skin unharmed.
- There is a fraction second required in each pulse of the laser and can treat numerous hairs simultaneously.
- Generally, after three to seven sessions, most patients have observed permanent hair loss.
Preparing for Hair Removal Procedure
The procedure of hair removal is more than simply ”removing” undesirable hair. The procedure requires comprehensive training and knowledge to be able to perform the procedure without harming individuals. Therefore, in this case, it is strongly recommended to go through the credentials of the specialist or technician.
In the event that you are deciding on going through laser hair removal, you should restrict plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for about six weeks before treatment. That is on the grounds that the laser targets hairs’ roots, and in case of waxing and plucking these are temporarily removed.
Moreover, sun contact should likewise be avoided for about six weeks after treatment. That is on the grounds that sun contact makes laser hair removal less impactful and results in complications after treatment.
Experience During Procedure
Right before the laser hair removal, your hair that will be cut to a couple of millimeters above the skin surface. The machine will be set as per the color, thickness, and area of your hair being treated along with skin color.
Contingent upon the laser or light source utilized, you and the expert will be required to wear proper eye protection. It will likewise be important to secure the external layers of your skin with a cold gel or exclusive cooling device. This will enable the laser to go through the skin.
The technician, moving forward with the procedure, will give a pulse of light to the targeted area and observe the area for a few minutes to ensure the best settings were utilized and to check for adverse effects.
Towards the end of the procedure, you possibly will be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or moisturizers, or cold water with the goal deal with any discomfort. The next session can be scheduled in four to six weeks. You can continue with the sessions to the point you observe hairs stop growing.
Some More Facts About Laser Hair Removal Treatment:
- Hair removal procedure could turn out to be a bit long process. As per the fact, a session on the underarms just requires less than a minute. Though, going through multiple sessions to come to a point where hairs stop growing could take some time, considering the fact that you usually have to wait around six weeks between sessions.
- In case you sum up the amount you spend on razors or was sessions in your lifetime, the laser hair removal may merit the $200-$400 per session. You can consider it as a beauty investment.
- Based on the fact, laser targets based on the color of the skin and the color of the pigment. The thing that enables the laser to effectively choose what to target, the procedure works best on fair skin having dark hair, and awful on darker skin.
As per the statement of Charles, “Patients having darker skin tones, the pigment-rich skin contends with the hair follicle for the laser’s focus.” This doesn’t indicate that the procedure isn’t for darker skin; however, you’ll need to ensure the doctor you opt for possesses appropriate equipment. In this case, specific lasers, such as Nd: YAG, are improved when it comes to recognizing hair and skin on all skin types.
- In case the procedure is carried out by an untrained technician, you could end up having burns or scars on the skin. Licensing varies from state to state, and in some circumstances, there are no requirements whatsoever. Therefore, in this case, you should make sure to verify where your laser technician was certified.
Recuperation and Risks
Could of days after the procedure, the treated area of your skin will closely resemble it’s burned from the sun. Cold packs and lotions may help. In case you had treatment on the face, you can wear makeups the day after the treatment except if your skin is blistering.
After a month, the treated hair will drop out. It is recommended to use sunscreen for the following month to avoid temporary changes in the color of the treated area.
In rare cases, blisters can take place, specifically with darker complexions. Some possible reactions are swelling, redness, and scarring.
It is recommended to get professional consultation to get a better idea regarding cost for your specific case.
Dr. Radley Mason is a leading professional and writes about alternative skin treatments. He supervised and substantially took part in the research, development, and implementation of a complete system model for quality laser hair removal Birmingham.