So, you are planning on visiting Edinburgh? Good choice! The Scottish city is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United Kingdom. The main reason for this is because there is something for everyone; from the historical sites, to the shops, to the nightlife. You certainly won’t end up bored.
One of the key contributing factors to any successful vacation is, of course, the accommodation. If you take a look on the Internet, you will see that you have an abundance of different options to choose from in Edinburgh. Staying in a hostel is always a good idea, as this type of accommodation is the most cost efficient, and, therefore, you will free up money to spend on the rest of your holiday. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover the five main things you need to consider when searching for the best hostels in Edinburgh.
- Price – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the price of staying in the hostel in question. After all, the main reason for choosing this accommodation is because it is one of the cheapest options, and thus you want to make sure that it actually will be. Nevertheless, you should never simply search for the cheapest hostel you can find, as you are almost certain to suffer from a lack of quality. It is a balancing act.
- Location – Some of the best hostels in Edinburgh are located in the city centre, making it easy for you to explore everything the city has to offer. You will find it much easier and more enjoyable to stay in a location like this, especially if you only have a limited time in the city, which is usually the case as most people come to Edinburgh for long weekends and such like.
- Facilities – A lot of people have a tendency to assume that staying in a hostel means they are going to have nothing in terms of facilities. However, this is not always the case. From Wi-Fi access to en-suite bathrooms, there are many extras that are offered to guests, so it is certainly worth checking this out.
- Sleeping Arrangements – Some people are quite happy to share a dorm with complete strangers. However, there are other people who could think of nothing worse. Hostels do offer private dorms, as well as rooms to be shared, and there are shared rooms but for female only. Therefore, the sleeping arrangements are something you need to consider very carefully.
5. Reviews – Last but not least, it is always a good idea to read reviews that have been left by people that have stayed in the hostel before. This is the best way to get an honest insight regarding the stay you are going to experience. If a hostel has a bad reputation, let’s say it is dirty or the staff are unfriendly, this is something you should be able to pick up on quite easily, as you are bound to find plenty of negative comments on the Internet.