Dogs have personalities and behaviors that are just as unique as those of their owners. The problem is that they are unable to communicate to us what causes them to behave in certain ways. Depending on the dog, obedience training may be a simple task that you can complete on your own. After all, dogs want to please their owners by doing what they are asked to do. But if you aren’t able to get your point across to your dog, professional dog obedience training may be your best option.
Some of the reasons you should consider enrolling your dog in an obedience course include:
- You May Want to Have Company – As a proud pet owner, it can be difficult to understand that others don’t have the same fondness of your dog that you do. Some people are actually afraid of dogs, even the little breeds. Most don’t like having dogs jumping up on them, licking them, or barking at them throughout their time in your home. Obedience training will not only teach your dog better behavior, but help you learn how to keep him practicing his newly learned skills on a regular basis.
- You Value Your Belongings – Some dogs spend their time at home alone destroying everything in sight. Top Dog Training & Resort explains that dog obedience training which implements exercise, play, and training games can help your dog learn what type of behavior is expected from him and reinforce positive behavior.
- The Neighbors Insist – Nothing will create hostile neighbors faster than a barking dog. If your dog is a daytime barker, you may not even realize there is a problem until you start getting complaints. If he barks at night, you are probably feeling the impact through lost sleep. Excessive barking is a behavioral problem that can be changed with the right dog training program.
- To Help You Bond – Let’s face it; it is difficult to bond with a dog that is out of control. If the behavior is bad enough, you may be experiencing a love/hate relationship at best. Just remember that your dog doesn’t understand what is causing the problem, much less how to correct it. With the right choice in dog obedience training, his behavior will change and you will be able to enjoy a much better relationship.
- For the Happiness of Your Dog –Some dogs are shy or afraid of everything around them. They may act out because of frustration or loneliness. When a dog isn’t behaving well, it usually means that he isn’t very happy. Getting beyond these issues can make him feel content and happy, without the disruption that he has been causing to both of your lives.
There are many options available in dog obedience training, some much better than others. Always make the choice carefully to ensure that you are getting the quality education that you want for someone who you think of as the furriest member of your family.