Gulfport is an assorted and one of the best beach resort towns in all of America. The city in Mississippi was originally a timber port. The city is home to many miles of coastline, white, sandy beaches. Tourists can snorkel, sunbathe, dive, or go kayaking at the beaches or visit various memorials or try their luck at casinos.
The city indeed has a lot to offer. And, what tourists have to do is, book their tickets with Allegiant Airlines reservations with their travel partners along.
WHEN AND HOW TO TRAVEL –
Planning your vacations with Allegiant Airlines reservations forthe affluent climate with quite warm high temperatures is an incredible idea. June – August is a bearish season in terms of tourists. So, to avoid the extra crowd and excessive hotel rates, book your tickets between June – August to Gulfport.
WHERE TO STAY –
The hotels in the city are not just budget-friendly but tourist-friendly in every perception possible. Some of the family-friendly lodgings in proximity to the airport as well as tourist attractions are –
- Marriott Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Gulfport I-10
- Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport
- Island View Casino Resort
- Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
- Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
While travelling to Gulfport, you can choose from the above-listed hotels to check-in and stay comfortable while in the city.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO –
- THE INSTITUTE FOR MARINE MAMMAL STUDIES – The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies (IMMS) operates to look after for sick and injured mammals and helps visitors in conservation, education, and research related to the same. Visitors are allowed to enter the institute and look into the lives of these mammals and get a sense of setting an equation between them and the creatures.
- MISSISSIPPI COAST MODEL RAILROAD MUSEUM – The museum is a bliss for children and people kid by heart. The museum offers various opportunities to hop on the oldest railway in Mississippi and take a ride down history path and various trains in the museum are open for the public to climb and ride on them.
- GULF ISLANDS WATER PARK – The water park offers various opportunities like water sports, water slides, splashing into the water, and much more. The water park is a perfect stop for families travelling with kids. Various heroes from Disney Channel and Nickelodeon can be sighted too making it a jewel for the kids. The park offers various happenings throughout the year like DreamFest, Sea Lion Shows, and Frisbee Dog Shows. The island is also home to some of the tremendous eating outlets like Petit Bois Island Cafe and Dockside Pizza offering chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, cotton candy, funnel cakes, Dippin Dot ice cream, and much more.
Apart from islands and beaches, the city is home to some glorious antiques, monuments, and museums. The city basically has a lot to offer to people of every age group from toddler set to teenagers, adults and their parents too. No matter what sort of travel you’re taking upon, the city suits it all.
Travellers, confirm your bookings now with Allegiant Airlines Official Site and plan especially with your kids. While booking with Allegiant you can try your hands on their vacation packages too.